Keep VorTech and Vectra pumps working (and your reef alive) whenever you lose power
EcoTech Marine’s VorTech pumps are legendary for creating ideal flow patterns in reef aquariums. The life-giving water movements keep corals and other invertebrates thriving. But what happens if there is a power outage?
Without water movement, your corals and fish could start to die in as little as four hours. While some aquarists have resorted to using computer-style back-up batteries, these batteries are bulky, heavy and designed for keeping computers and equipment running for only a short time.
Fortunately, EcoTech Marine’s engineers created a purpose-built battery back-up system specifically for their VorTech and Vectra water pumps. It is reef tank insurance in an aluminum housing.
The EcoTech Marine Battery Backup is designed to keep your VorTech or Vectra pump running for up to 60 hours after the power goes off! A single battery can run two VorTech pumps for 30 hours.
Want to extend the pump run time? You can add a second Battery Backup to the system and double the back-up capabilities!
What we really like about the EcoTech Marine Battery Backup:
- Designed specifically for the power requirement of VorTech water pumps
- Long run times ensure the reef survives a power outage
- A second battery can be added
- Automatically maintains a charge
- Compact size fits anywhere
EcoTech Marine Battery Backup Features:
- Provides peace of mind even when you are away from home
- Enough reserve power to run a VorTech Pump for 60 hours, two pumps for 30 hours
- Can daisy-chain a second Battery Backup for twice the run time
- Charge level is monitored with the EcoSmart controller
- Comes with automatic charger that keeps the batteries ready at all times.
- Kit comes with everything needed to power two VorTech pumps.
EcoTech Marine Battery Backup Specifications:
- Corrosion-resistant powder-coated white aluminum housing.
- 18 Amp-Hour 12-volt sealed battery.
- 8 ft. cables
- Dimensions: 9" x 7" x 3.25" (LxWxH)